Didsbury was ranked by Alberta Venture magazine as one of Alberta's "Top 5 Communities to do Business" in 2009 and one of the "Top 5 Growth Communities" in 2010.
- Located right on the Calgary-Edmonton highway corridor, halfway between the cities of Red Deer and Calgary which provides key access to a diverse trading region
- 70 km to the Calgary International Airport
- 80 km to either downtown Calgary or Red Deer
- Less than an hour to the great Canadian Badlands or the beautiful Rocky Mountains
Didsbury offers a diverse mix of available land in both the downtown core and surrounding industrial areas.
Want quality of life? Didsbury boasts a unique mix of amenities that is typically only found in much larger urban centres. As well, our downtown core offers a unique walk through history as we continue to preserve the historical buildings and focus on maintaining our heritage through effective design for new buildings.
What we DO have:
- 3 local schools offering eduction from grades K-12
- Christian and Catholic schools in close proximity
- Didsbury District Health Services Hospital
- Aspen Ridge Lodge offers assisted living for seniors
- 9 hole golf course
- Aquatic Centre
- Two ice rinks
- Curling Rink
- Community Hall
- 6 softball/baseball diamonds
- 13 parks & playgrounds
What we DON'T have:
- High crime rates
- Parking issues
- Traffic congestion