The Town of Didsbury requires Peddlers/Door to Door Sales to abide by the Business License Bylaw
. The Town does not do background information checks on the quality of service or products being offered by businesses. If you have a concern about a Peddler within the Town, please contact the Town of Didsbury office at 403-335-2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are tips for verifying legitimate businesses and keeping yourself and your family safe:
- Never let an unknown visitor inside your home.
- Ask to see their Town of Didsbury business license.
- Check their ID closely.
- Always read all documents carefully, and ask to keep a copy for yourself at home.
- Never share your personal information with them, such as showing them your current bills.
- Call your current service provider to confirm if someone is scheduled to be at your home.
- If they are rude or insist on coming into your home, ask them to leave and/or call the RCMP.
For more information, please view the following documents provided by the Alberta Government: