Town of Didsbury Delegation Request Form
Citizen involvement in local government is an essential part of the democratic process and Council welcomes and invites citizen input. There are two options to address Council, either through an informal gallery question period or through a delegation which is a scheduled presentation that allows for increased discussion.
Complete the fillable form below to submit your Delegation Request.
Town of Didsbury Council Delegation Rules and Information: (Read carefully prior to submitting a Delegation Request)
1. Town of Didsbury Council Meetings usually occurs twice per month on the second and fourth Tuesday, beginning at 6:00 pm.
2. Delegations are provided the opportunity to speak for 15 minutes regardless of how many people will speak. It is encouraged to allow for time at the conclusion of the presentation to allow for questions from Council.
3. Information contained on the delegation request form may be published in the agenda and minutes which are both public documents.
4. Only three (3) delegations will be accepted for each Council meeting.
5. Your presentation may not be on the date requested due to prior commitments or available resources.
6. Your delegation is not confirmed until you are contacted by Town of Didsbury Staff to confirm your place on the agenda.
7. Do not expect an immediate answer. Your issue will most likely be referred to Administration for additional information or to a future meeting for further consideration.
8. Any material that you would like to be included on the Agenda should also be provided to the Legislative Services Department by 9:00 am on the Monday of the week prior to the Council Meeting (8 days prior).
9. Any late requests to be a delegation require Council’s approval on the night of the Council Meeting and will only be done in an emergent situation.
10. If you do not submit documents related to your delegation topic prior to the deadline, presenters may provide sufficient handouts for Council Members and Administration (15 copies). The Town of Didsbury will not provide photocopying services during the meeting.
11. All presentations should be directed to Town of Didsbury Council.
12. Individuals wishing to utilize additional presentation methods such as Powerpoint are encouraged to contact the Legislative Services department to ensure that required compatible programs are present.