Click on the drop-down menu items below to learn more about the upcoming fun in the community!
Are you interested in renting our facilities for your own event or program? Contact the Didsbury Memorial Complex at 403-335-7369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Check out our calendar of events here.
Registration Now Closed as the course is filled
Friday, Dec 8, 2023 (School Day Off for Chinook's Edge students)
8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
In the upstairs area of the Curling Rink (1702 21 Ave, Didsbury)
Ages 11 years+
What to bring:
- A doll or stuffed animal
- Paper and pencil
- Lunch, water and snack
The Red Cross Babysitting Course offers basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11-15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. The course also offers youth the skills to promote themselves as babysitters to prospective families.
• How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
• How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
• Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
• How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
• How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
• First aid skills
• The business of babysitting
It's time to get festively creative, Didsbury!
Stop by Didsbury Neighborhood Place to pick up your FREE Gingerbread House Kit, create your masterpiece with your family and bring it to Country Christmas at the Train Station for community viewing and voting! Last year we saw over 25 amazing gingerbread houses.
For more information, contact Community Relations at email@example.com or call 403-335-7165