Town of Didsbury Strategic Plan
Town Council has created a Strategic Plan to be used as a long-term planning document to guide both Council and Administration through the many projects and priorities that are to be accomplished. It is important that we keep you, our residents, informed of our plans and long term vision.
Intermunicipal Cooperation and Planning
Municipalities that share a common boundary must create an Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework (ICF) with one another. All ICFs must align with the requirements outlined in Part 17.2 of the Municipal Government Act.
Frameworks are intended to:
- provide for integrated and strategic planning, delivery and funding of intermunicipal services
- allocate scarce resources efficiently in the providing local services
- ensure municipalities contribute funding to services that benefit their residents
Each framework must:
- describe the services that benefit residents in more than one of the municipalities
- identify which municipality is responsible for providing these services
- outline how the services will be delivered and funded
- include a process for resolving disputes that occur while the framework is in effect
The Town of Didsbury shares a common boundary with Mountain View County. Together, our two municipalities have created a shared agreement:
The Town of Didsbury has additional agreements with Mountain View County, including: