FCSS was created with a sole purpose in mind: Enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities. We hold this statement as a goal for everything we do. Through FCSS, we strive to meet this goal through facilitating various social events and programs, by providing important resource referrals to all individuals, and by being a friendly face to come to when you need it!
Looking to meet and strengthen connections with other families in the area? Looking for a specific resources or supports? Looking to become more integrated into the community? We are here to help! Keep an eye out for upcoming family events and information sessions, give us a call if you have a question about resources available, or even stop into Didsbury Neighborhood place and say hello!
Seniors are important! You know this, we know this, and we want everyone else to know it as well. How do we show this? By showing our support! This is done through group events, programs and activities, senior specific resource referrals, and by being there whenever we are needed.
Both in your neighborhood and in the Town of Didsbury as a whole, we at FCSS want to create a healthy, happy, inclusive culture. This is only achieved with you involved! How do you get involved you may wonder? Join us for FCSS sponsored community events, volunteer with local organizations, or simply check-in and have a conversation with your neighbors. Together, we can do great things!
FCSS Grant Funding
- Every year, Didsbury FCSS provides grants to non-profit community groups that provide necessary supports within the community. The groups who apply and receive funding meet the eligibility requirements set forth by FCSS mandates as well as demonstrate importance for Didsbury residents.
- For more information on FCSS grants, please contact Ryan Shokoples at Didsbury Neighborhood Place at 403-335-7161 or by email at email@example.com
Community Groups funded by Didsbury FCSS in 2022 include:
- Chinook Arch Victim Services
- Chinooks Edge School Division
- Didsbury Preschool Society
- Didsbury Municipal Library
- Essentials for Our Community
- Holy Trinity Catholic School
- Mountain View Emergency Shelter Society
- Olds & District Hospice Society
- Didsbury Out of School Care
2023 FCSS Applications open in October, 2022.