The Town of Didsbury requires Peddlers/Door to Door Sales to abide by the Business Licence Bylaw.
The Town does not do background information checks on the quality of service or products being offered by businesses. If you have a concern about a Peddler within the Town, please contact the Town of Didsbury office at 403-335-2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are tips for verifying legitimate businesses and keeping yourself and your family safe:
- Never let an unknown visitor inside your home
- Ask to see their Town of Didsbury business licence.
- Check their ID closely
- Always read all documents carefully, and ask to keep a copy for yourself at home
- Never share your personal information with them, such as showing them your current bills
- Call your current service provider to confirm if someone is scheduled to be at your home
- If they are rude or insist on coming into your home, ask them to leave and/or call the RCMP
For more information, please view the following documents provided by the Alberta Government: