The goal of the Didsbury Out of School Care Association program ( DOSCA) is to provide for the needs of growing children. We offer a high level of health and safety standards, a better than adequate child-staff ratio and a stimulating program which provides for the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of your child.
We strive, as you do, to encourage children to grow in self-respect, self-control, responsibility, and self-sufficiency.
The Didsbury Out of School Care Association was established to provide children with a special kind of learning experience, developing the child's potential physically, socially, intellectually, and creatively. DOSCA is a licensed and accredited program.
We want our programs to be a fun, safe place for children to come when their parents cannot be with them. We believe that the best way for children to have these learning experiences is to incorporate social skills into our recreation planning to meet individual developmental needs
PROGRAM CONTACT NUMBERS:
- Didsbury Neighborhood Place: 403-335-8719 - open Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- DOSCA Program Lines: 403-507-0714 and 403-586-0357 - open during program hours listed below.
We are now accepting DOSCA REGISTRATIONS for the 2020/2021 school year!
Please email the completed form to DOSCA@didsbury.ca or drop off to Didsbury Neighborhood Place at 1606 14th Street.
2020/2021 DOSCA Registration Form - ONLINE FILLABLE (must have Adobe on your device to complete the application online)
2020/2021 DOSCA Registration Form - PRINT AND COMPLETE BY HAND (once completed, drop off at 1606 14th Street, Didsbury)
DOSCA will be operating under COVID-19 Regulations and Guidelines as per Alberta Health Services. Click the link below to learn more about the steps we're taking to ensure the safety of your children and our staff members.
COVID-19 Guidelines for the 2020/2021 DOSCA Program
WEEKDAY CHILD CARE
During the school year, DOSCA is open for Before and After-School Care from 6:15 am to 8:15 am and 3:15 pm to 6:15 pm in the Ross Ford Elementary School in Didsbury. The doors are LOCKED in the morning, so your child will need to "tap" on the DOSCA Classroom window and the DOSCA Facilitator will let your child in. In the afternoon, if your child is on the attendance list, the DOSCA Facilitator will be expecting your child to arrive, therefore they will inquire if your child does not show up. The DOSCA Phone Line is on and will be answered during the hours listed above.
COST: $7.50 per hour / per child
NON-INSTRUCTIONAL DAYS & SCHOOL BREAKS
DOSCA is also open for non-instructional days from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room at the Didsbury Memorial Complex (other locations, such as the Didsbury Train Station, may be utilized on days where the Multi-Purpose Room is not available). During the full-day program, your child will do a variety of age-appropriate activities. Each full-day program consists of a 2-hour fun swim in the aquatic centre, an afternoon skate on the leisure ice, movies, crafts, free play, and more! The DOSCA Phone Line will be on and answered during the hours listed above, on "no school days" and school breaks.
COST: $45.00 per day / per child
FULL DAY PROGRAM LOCATIONS
(Full Day Program Dates 2021)
- April 19-23 - Multi-Purpose Room, Didsbury Memorial Complex.
- May 7 and 21 - Multi-Purpose Room, Didsbury Memorial Complex.
- June 4 - Multi-Purpose Room, Didsbury Memorial Complex.
These locations are subject to change. Should a location change, you will be notified as soon as possible via email or phone call.
|WHAT TO BRING ON FULL DAY DOSCA|
- Lunch - please ensure your child(ren) have sufficient snacks and the main meal for lunch. Feel free to pack food that needs to be warmed up as a microwave is accessible.
- Swimming Suit & Towel - Each full-day program includes swimming from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Swimming is MANDATORY on full-day programs. If your child is unable to swim for a medical reason, please provide the DOSCA Facilitators with a note.
- Skates & Helmet - If your child has skates, and wants to skate in the afternoon, please pack them with warm winter clothes, skates, and a helmet.